From 1893 to 1938, a two-room schoolhouse served Riverview area children at Illinois and Riverview Streets. Riverview was planned as a manufacturing town south of Des Plaines, but it never became the industrial boomtown its planners envisioned. Des Plaines annexed Riverview in 1925. In 1938, a larger brick school at 1535 Everett Street replaced the 1893 schoolhouse.
open since 1893
All of the historical information of the CCSD62 schools was generously provided by the Des Plaines History Center.
Go to their website below to learn more about Des Plaines history!